It was announced today that the cast of the groundbreaking sitcom Will & Grace will reunite for the ten year anniversary of the show’s last episode.
Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Sean Hayes and Megan Mullally have all signed up to come together for a special that will be directed by James Borrows (the man responsible for all 188 episodes). Openly gay Sean Hayes, who played the love-him-or-hate-him character Jack, broke the news by telling reporters at the Television Critics Association press tour: “We’ve confirmed all casts from all shows. On 24 January we tape, and it airs February 21.”
The show began in 1998 after the cancellation of Ellen’s Ellen for relying too much on her being gay. And despite some negative reactions toward the stereotyping of gay people, the show is credited for helping improve people’s perceptions of the community with Vice President Joe Biden even saying “[The show] probably did more to educate the American public” on LGBT issues “than almost anything anybody has ever done so far.”
WE. CAN'T. WAIT!
Last modified onSunday, 17 January 2016 11:44
Guidetogay.com is the leading travel, news and social network for the LGBTQI community. Join us on social media.
Latest from Guidetogay.com
- Heritage of Pride Responds to Community Concerns
- ANZ and Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras open applications for national LGBTQI community grants program
- 15 great minds to help boost Sydney’s nightlife
- PrEP to be added to Australia's PBS slashing costs.
- Ten's Ten's Ten's across the board - Drag Race season 10
Login to post comments