Riley Carter Millington will play the role of Kyle, and viewers can expect to see the 21-year-old actor make his debut later this month before he returns as a permanent cast member.
The actor couldn’t be more excited for his role in the upcoming season and said in a statement: “I am extremely excited to be joining EastEnders. I can honestly say that I have now fulfilled my two biggest dreams – to be living my life as a man and to be an actor…I cannot wait to really get stuck in with filming and I look forward to seeing what is in store for my character.”
Producer Dominic Treadwell-Collins is treading carefully by learning as much as possible about the transgender community. “…we have been so careful to ensure that we cast the right actor for the part. I’ve sat in many acting workshops over the years with our casting executive Julia Crampsie and her team – but never have we been so moved by the incredible life stories and wealth of talent that we experienced over our several weeks of workshops with transgender actors.”
Last modified onSunday, 11 October 2015 12:05
Guidetogay.com is the leading travel, news and social network for the LGBTQI community. Join us on social media.
Latest from Guidetogay.com
- Heritage of Pride Responds to Community Concerns
- ANZ and Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras open applications for national LGBTQI community grants program
- 15 great minds to help boost Sydney’s nightlife
- PrEP to be added to Australia's PBS slashing costs.
- Ten's Ten's Ten's across the board - Drag Race season 10
Login to post comments