We are so excited as NBC has announced that Stephanie Mills is returning to OZ.
Mills, who created the role of 'Dorothy' in the original 1979 Broadway production of The Wiz, will play 'Aunt Em' in the upcoming TV production, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Producer Bob Greenblatt also announced that the network is looking for a "fresh face" to star as Dorothy.
As previously reported, entering into a partnership with NBC on The Wiz — to be executive-produced by Craig Zadan and Neil Meron — is Cirque du Soleil, whose new stage theatrical division will co-produce the live TV event and then present it as a major Broadway revival for the 2016-17 season.
The Wiz Live! will air Dec. 3 on NBC in the USA.
Guidetogay.com is the leading travel, news and social network for the LGBTQI community. Join us on social media.
Latest from Guidetogay.com
- San Fransisco Drag to bodyslam wrestling's homophobic stereotype
- Sydney's Midnight Shift bought by hotel group that owns Kinselas.
- Sydney's Pride crossing gets a new home
- Heritage of Pride Responds to Community Concerns
- ANZ and Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras open applications for national LGBTQI community grants program
Login to post comments