It's looking like its finally going to happen - Ellen DeGeneres is heading to Australia along with 400 of her audience members.
The talk show host filmed a special episode of her sydicated hit today in Los Angeles, with our spies telling Guidetogay.com that the Ellen show will tape on March 15/16. (Only a fortnight after Sydney's world famous Mardi Gras/Gay Pride cleebrations)
Ellen announced during the show that she would travel to Australia for a holiday with her Australian partner, Portia de Rossi.
Audience members at the taping - which was also attended by Golden Globe nominee, Nicole Kidman, have been given a return ticket to Sydney or Melbourne to use in the next 12 months as well as accommodation.
Its the first time Ellen will have visited Australia - and is set to send the entertainment and gay markets into a frenzy - a boost for local tourism if she does anything near to what Oprah Winfrey did during her tourism based vist a couple of years ago.
At time of going to press, our spies could not confirm if Ellen and Portia will be in Sydney for Mardi Gras - we will keep you updated of course on any advances in the story as they come to hand.
Guidetogay.com is the leading travel, news and social network for the LGBTQI community. Join us on social media.
Latest from Rob Manser
- BBC TV star to support BGF at Mardi Gras parade
- Alfie Arcuri kicks off Jaguars Mardi Gras campaign
- US Supreme Court Allows Trans Military Ban to go ahead
- Next Heaven Social Dance to pay tribute to one of its founders, Ian Stumbles.
- What makes a great celebrant? One year since Australia changes law from man and woman to "two people".