Cher’s role in the upcoming Mamma Mia! film sequel, titled Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, has been revealed. The surprising news? She’ll play Meryl Streep’s mother.
The New York Post reports that the Oscar and Grammy winner will play Donna Sheridan’s mother in a series of flashbacks to the 1960s that will feature Lily James as young Donna.
Cher teased that she joined the film on October 16, tweeting a nod to the Mamma Mia! finale costumes.
Returning for the sequel are the 2008 movie’s original stars: Streep as Donna, Julie Walters as Rosie, Christine Baranski as Tanya, Amanda Seyfried as Sophie, and Dominic Cooper as Sky. Also featured are Andy Garcia, Alexa Davies, Jessica Keenan Wynn, Jeremy Irvine, Josh Dylan, and Hugh Skinner.
Ol Parker is writer-director on the film that is currently filming in Croatia.
h/t The NY Post.
Guidetogay.com is the leading travel, news and social network for the LGBTQI community. Join us on social media.
Latest from Rob Manser
- BBC TV star to support BGF at Mardi Gras parade
- Alfie Arcuri kicks off Jaguars Mardi Gras campaign
- US Supreme Court Allows Trans Military Ban to go ahead
- Next Heaven Social Dance to pay tribute to one of its founders, Ian Stumbles.
- What makes a great celebrant? One year since Australia changes law from man and woman to "two people".