He has been one of Australia's most successful queer cabaret acts and Musical theatre stars, now Trevor Ashley (who is also known as Cleopatra Coupe in drag circles) has been nominated for a Helpmann Award.
The Helpmans are Australia's live performance awards (similar to the drama desk awards or the Tony's) and held annually in Sydney.
Trevor has been nominated for BEST MALE ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MUSICAL for his role in Cameron Macintosh's LES MISERABLE.
other notable Queer nominations include:
BEST CABARET PERFORMER
BECCY COLE and LIBBY DONOVAN for The Cowgirl and the Showgirl (Adelaide Festival Centre Trust)
and a double nomination for Todd McKenney in his roles in both Anything Goes and La Cage Aux Folles.
The winners of the 2015 Helpmann Awards, including two lifetime achievement awards – JC Williamson Award® and Sue Nattrass Award™ – will be announced at the ceremony event on Monday 27 July at Sydney’s Capitol Theatre on the set of Cameron Mackintosh’s acclaimed new production of Les Misérables.
Guidetogay.com is the leading travel, news and social network for the LGBTQI community. Join us on social media.
Latest from Rob Manser
- US Supreme Court Allows Trans Military Ban to go ahead
- Next Heaven Social Dance to pay tribute to one of its founders, Ian Stumbles.
- What makes a great celebrant? One year since Australia changes law from man and woman to "two people".
- ANZ and Mardi Gras dish out grants
- Europe's Pride get's a downunder touch.
Login to post comments