He has been one of Australia's most successful queer cabaret acts and Musical theatre stars, now Trevor Ashley (who is also known as Cleopatra Coupe in drag circles) has been nominated for a Helpmann Award.
The Helpmans are Australia's live performance awards (similar to the drama desk awards or the Tony's) and held annually in Sydney.
Trevor has been nominated for BEST MALE ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MUSICAL for his role in Cameron Macintosh's LES MISERABLE.
other notable Queer nominations include:
BEST CABARET PERFORMER
BECCY COLE and LIBBY DONOVAN for The Cowgirl and the Showgirl (Adelaide Festival Centre Trust)
and a double nomination for Todd McKenney in his roles in both Anything Goes and La Cage Aux Folles.
The winners of the 2015 Helpmann Awards, including two lifetime achievement awards – JC Williamson Award® and Sue Nattrass Award™ – will be announced at the ceremony event on Monday 27 July at Sydney’s Capitol Theatre on the set of Cameron Mackintosh’s acclaimed new production of Les Misérables.
Guidetogay.com is the leading travel, news and social network for the LGBTQI community. Join us on social media.
Latest from Guidetogay.com
- San Fransisco Drag to bodyslam wrestling's homophobic stereotype
- Sydney's Midnight Shift bought by hotel group that owns Kinselas.
- Sydney's Pride crossing gets a new home
- Heritage of Pride Responds to Community Concerns
- ANZ and Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras open applications for national LGBTQI community grants program
Login to post comments