On Monday, the International Olympic Committee voted unanimously to add sexual orientation to the list of traits for which an athlete can not be discriminated against.
Recommendation 14 was to add sexual orientation to the 6th Fundamental Principle of Olympism, which currently reads:
“Any form of discrimination with regard to a country or a person on grounds of race, religion, politics, gender or otherwise is incompatible with belonging to the Olympic Movement.”
The issue of LGB discrimination in the Olympics has been a hotly debated subject since the 2014 Sochi Olympics due to Russia’s many discriminatory laws.
Guidetogay.com is the leading travel, news and social network for the LGBTQI community. Join us on social media.
Latest from Guidetogay.com
- Heritage of Pride Responds to Community Concerns
- ANZ and Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras open applications for national LGBTQI community grants program
- 15 great minds to help boost Sydney’s nightlife
- PrEP to be added to Australia's PBS slashing costs.
- Ten's Ten's Ten's across the board - Drag Race season 10
Login to post comments