Judith Arndt of Germany became the first openly gay athlete to medal at the 2012 Olympics. She took silver on Wednesday in the Women’s Cycling Time Trials after finishing 15 seconds behind American Kristin Armstrong who took the gold and Russian Olga Zabelinskaya came in third.
This is the third Olympic medal for the 36-year-old Arndt, who first won bronze for the 3000 Meter Pursuit at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, and a silver in the road race at the Athens Olympics in 2004.
Guidetogay.com is the leading travel, news and social network for the LGBTQI community. Join us on social media.
Latest from Guidetogay.com
- Heritage of Pride Responds to Community Concerns
- ANZ and Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras open applications for national LGBTQI community grants program
- 15 great minds to help boost Sydney’s nightlife
- PrEP to be added to Australia's PBS slashing costs.
- Ten's Ten's Ten's across the board - Drag Race season 10