GLBTI youth have scored a much needed win after the Victorian state budget was delivered yesterday afternoon.
The State Government has committed $3.6 million over four years to establish a youth suicide community support program to target young same-sex attracted and Indigenous young people. Picking up where many depression and mental health organisations have failed.
In the same budget, the Government also committed a further $4.9 million over four years to expand rural mental health services.
Minster for mental health Lisa Neville said "staff based in community health centres and youth centres will provide preventative support, and would be involved in local activities for early intervention. We understand that Victorians are concerned about the health and wellbeing of their loved ones, that is why we are taking action to provide access to the right care and support when it is needed,”.
Guidetogay.com is the leading travel, news and social network for the LGBTQI community. Join us on social media.
Latest from Guidetogay.com
- Heritage of Pride Responds to Community Concerns
- ANZ and Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras open applications for national LGBTQI community grants program
- 15 great minds to help boost Sydney’s nightlife
- PrEP to be added to Australia's PBS slashing costs.
- Ten's Ten's Ten's across the board - Drag Race season 10