It was an overwhelming victory for equality in Australia - but let us not forget those who voted against the will of the Australian people and in some cases, their electorates. The following list shows those that voted NO and those that abbott-stained... we mean abstained from even voting.
Who abstained from the same-sex marriage vote?
- Barnaby Joyce (Nationals)
- Tony Abbott (Liberals)
- Andrew Hastie (Liberals)
- Michael Sukkar (Liberals)
- Kevin Andrews (Liberals)
- Scott Morrison (Liberals)
- George Christensen (LNP)
- Rick Wilson (Liberals)
- Stuart Robert (Liberals)
- Bert van Manen (Liberals)
What about no votes?
- Bob Katter (independent)
- Russell Broadbent (Liberal)
- Keith Pitt (Nationals)
- David Littleproud (Nationals)
Guidetogay.com is the leading travel, news and social network for the LGBTQI community. Join us on social media.
Latest from Guidetogay.com
- San Fransisco Drag to bodyslam wrestling's homophobic stereotype
- Sydney's Midnight Shift bought by hotel group that owns Kinselas.
- Sydney's Pride crossing gets a new home
- Heritage of Pride Responds to Community Concerns
- ANZ and Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras open applications for national LGBTQI community grants program