A federal court judge has just blocked President Donald Trump's ban on military service members. Trump in July without consultation with the heads of the armed forces announced via Twitter a total ban on all transgender people serving in the military. Months later, that announcement was translated into a policy memo authorizing Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis to determine who can serve and who must be discharged.
The D.C. Court's ruling, handed down Monday afternoon, says it believes Trump's order was "driven by a desire to express disapproval of transgender people generally."
The ruling does allow the Trump administration to continue blocking funds for sex reassignment surgery, The Washington Post reports.
Guidetogay.com is the leading travel, news and social network for the LGBTQI community. Join us on social media.
Latest from Guidetogay.com
- Heritage of Pride Responds to Community Concerns
- ANZ and Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras open applications for national LGBTQI community grants program
- 15 great minds to help boost Sydney’s nightlife
- PrEP to be added to Australia's PBS slashing costs.
- Ten's Ten's Ten's across the board - Drag Race season 10