A federal court judge has just blocked President Donald Trump's ban on military service members. Trump in July without consultation with the heads of the armed forces announced via Twitter a total ban on all transgender people serving in the military. Months later, that announcement was translated into a policy memo authorizing Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis to determine who can serve and who must be discharged.
The D.C. Court's ruling, handed down Monday afternoon, says it believes Trump's order was "driven by a desire to express disapproval of transgender people generally."
The ruling does allow the Trump administration to continue blocking funds for sex reassignment surgery, The Washington Post reports.
Guidetogay.com is the leading travel, news and social network for the LGBTQI community. Join us on social media.
- US Supreme Court Allows Trans Military Ban to go ahead
- Trans Glamoré celebrates 1 year in Sydney
- NSW Police Force Update Transgender Poster
- EXCLUSIVE: We chat with the first ever Trans politicial candidate for NSW Greens in Australia
- Russia Plans to Block Same-Sex Partnership Benefits to UN Employees