Plans for celebrations are well underway for the same sex marriage postal survey in Australia. It will also be a call for action by the government as the postal survey is not binding on the government or any minister in the chamber.
Australians forked out over 122m dollars for this survey where only approx 69% of ballots were returned from those Australians who were eligible to have their say.
The street 'party' will be held in Sydney at the iconic Oxford Street, where the annual Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras parade traverses each year. With four stages, lots of artists and performers - it will be (hopefully) a celebration and a moment to reinforce Australia's want for equality.
All polls and most politicians are now saying that the YES vote will win hands down. However, if the NO vote gets up - the event will still go ahead and become a force for future change on the issue.
Guidetogay.com is the leading travel, news and social network for the LGBTQI community. Join us on social media.
Latest from Guidetogay.com
- San Fransisco Drag to bodyslam wrestling's homophobic stereotype
- Sydney's Midnight Shift bought by hotel group that owns Kinselas.
- Sydney's Pride crossing gets a new home
- Heritage of Pride Responds to Community Concerns
- ANZ and Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras open applications for national LGBTQI community grants program