After a day of bigoted backlash against international superstar Macklemore, love is winning, with the singers "controversial" NRL Grand final song "Same Love" reaching #1 again on the iTunes chart in Australia.
The singer faced backlash as conservative political figures jumped on the bandwagon of a petition to have the singer removed from the "Australian Superbowl" amidst the countries same sex marriage postal survey.
Congratulations to all that made Macklemore #1 - lets keep it going til the end of this weekend to make it really heard.
Guidetogay.com is the leading travel, news and social network for the LGBTQI community. Join us on social media.
Latest from Guidetogay.com
- San Fransisco Drag to bodyslam wrestling's homophobic stereotype
- Sydney's Midnight Shift bought by hotel group that owns Kinselas.
- Sydney's Pride crossing gets a new home
- Heritage of Pride Responds to Community Concerns
- ANZ and Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras open applications for national LGBTQI community grants program