One of Australia's most active and engaged community members has sadly passed away.Vale Graham Carbery (14 January 1947-5 July 2017)
In a statement from the Australian Gay and Lesbian archives, Graham Carbery was honoured for his services to the entire community.
Vale Graham Carbery (14 January 1947-5 July 2017)passed Vale Graham Carbery (14 January 1947-5 July 2017)
It is with great sadness that we acknowledge the death of Graham Carbery, teacher, activist, VFL senior umpire, and archivist and historian for the gay and lesbian community. While Graham was an important gay liberation and law reform activist from 1972 onward, most notably with groups such as the Gay Teachers and Students Group and the Homosexual Law Reform Coalition, his legacy is the extent and longevity of the Australian Lesbian and Gay Archives, which he founded and committed much of his life to for the past 40 years. Graham is survived by his partner of 45 years Gary Jaynes, and our thoughts and love are with him, his family and friends.
On behalf of the ALGA Committee.
He shall be sorely missed.
Guidetogay.com is the leading travel, news and social network for the LGBTQI community. Join us on social media.
Latest from Rob Manser
- BBC TV star to support BGF at Mardi Gras parade
- Alfie Arcuri kicks off Jaguars Mardi Gras campaign
- US Supreme Court Allows Trans Military Ban to go ahead
- Next Heaven Social Dance to pay tribute to one of its founders, Ian Stumbles.
- What makes a great celebrant? One year since Australia changes law from man and woman to "two people".