beyondblue is a national, independent, not-for-profit organisation working to address issues associated with depression, anxiety and related disorders in Australia.
beyondblue is a bipartisan initiative of the Australian, state and territory governments with a key goal of raising community awareness about depression and anxiety, and reducing stigma associated with the illness.
beyondblue works in partnership with health services, schools, workplaces, universities, media and community organisations, as well as people living with depression, to bring together their expertise around depression.
beyondblue's five priorities:
1. Increasing community awareness of depression, anxiety and related
substance misuse disorders and addressing associated stigma.
2. Providing people living with depression and their carers with information on the illness and effective treatment options and promoting their needs and experiences with policy makers and healthcare service providers.
3. Developing depression prevention and early intervention programs.
4. Improving training and support for GPs and other healthcare professionals on depression.
5. Initiating and supporting depression-related research.