As part of our efforts to make Guidetogay.com a friendly, accepting and diverse online community, we have established a list of rules and terms to abide by when using our site.
You must agree, as a term of membership to abide by our Code of Conduct. By participating in or on any area of Guidetogay.com, you agree to be bound by this Code.
Guidetogay.com is not responsible for any user-created content on the site, including but not limited to social networks and streams, forums, chat areas, email services, and/or other message or communication facilities unless the contrary is expressly stated.
The Guidetogay.com (including its Social networking Services, mobile apps and other online branded platforms) are general-purpose sites and are designed for use by individuals that are 13 years of age or older. We do advertise this site to contain adult content, but we request that all users act knowing that younger members of our community, particularly those struggling with identity and acceptance, may be using this site - please look after them and be kind.
1. You cannot upload any items that may infringe these terms.
2. Profile names cannot include items such as email addresses, Brand Names, URL's, Profanity, or anything that could be deemed as these. Offending accounts will be removed without notice.
3. Your profile image (or other images uploaded to our system) cannot contain Pornography or any text soliciting sales, hook ups or sharing yours or other person information.
Respecting Other Users
1. We encourage everyone to treat each other with mutual respect. Do not use the Community Services to threaten, harass, stalk, or abuse others participating in any Community Service. Refrain from all expressions of bigotry, racism, sexism, hatred, homophobia, heterophobia or excessive profanity. Be courteous to others, even if your opinion differs from theirs.
2. Do not make inflammatory remarks in order to provoke others.
3. Bumping messages to the top of a forum in order to get them noticed is allowed once only.
4. Using all CAPITALS, excessive punctuation, and website URLs in message subjects is forbidden. However, you may use URLs in the message body.
5. Using all CAPITALS in a message is considered a breach of forum etiquette. Learn to use your CAPSLOCK key appropriately.
6. Post in the appropriate area. Do not be surprised if you post in the wrong forum and your thread is moved or deleted.
7. Have a point. Threads with no point will be removed at the moderators' discretion.
8. Use the social network appropriately. Do not use the public option if your messages would be more appropriate in a private message, email, chat, or phone conversation.
9. You are allowed to use images in your posts, but be mindful of those people with slow connections. If the images are very large consider using a URL instead. Images may be removed at the moderators' discretion. You must not upload any image that is considered by publications standards to be pornography.
10. Signatures, if used on parts of our site, should not be more than 2 lines of text.
11. Personal matters between yourself and another user of Guidetogay.com must remain between yourself and them. Guidetogay.com is NOT the place to air your private grievances.
12. Threats of any kind (either implied or explicit) will, at the discretion of the moderators, result in the loss of your website usage rights.
13. Managers and/or Moderators who manage the Community Services may eject or ban users, as well as edit or remove posts that violate this Code of Conduct.
Stay Within The Law
1. Guidetogay.com does not allow any illegal activities. You cannot use the Community Services to publish, post, distribute, or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, or other unlawful material or information.
2. Do not post somebody else's private details. These include but are not limited to the following: real name, workplace, phone number, home address, car registration or e-mail address. Doing so will result in an immediate ban.
3. Guidetogay.com reserves the right to remove posts discussing and/or promoting illegal activities including but not limited to the possession, procurement and consumption of drugs, criminal activity and other associated issues.
4. Do not upload files or post messages that contain photos, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity or any other applicable law unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent. Guidetogay.com is not responsible for any use of anything you say or post.
5. Do not post any materials (including software and other information) that could harm (or is designed to harm) other users' computers or would allow others to inappropriately access software or Web sites.
6. Do not upload any photographs onto Guidetogay.com, in particular profile pictures, that are sexually explicit or revealing of private parts. Guidetogay.com is a community website and should not be used for pornographic purpose. Any photos that are explicit in nature will be moderated and removed. If a member repeatedly uploads explicit pictures they will be banned.
6a. "explicit descriptions or displays of sexual organs or activities intended to stimulate erotic rather than aesthetic or emotional feelings", are not permitted to be uploaded to our website, app or other platform in any format, including photos, videos, text or audio.
Be Kind To Each Other
1. Guidetogay.com does not tolerate disruptive activity online, such as persistent off-topic comments and postings or statements that incite others to violate this Code of Conduct or participate in illegal activities. Our online network was established for people to ASSIST one another in a positive and constructive way.
2. Guidetogay.com does not allow posting or use of computer programs that contain destructive features such as: viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or bots for the use of scrolling, showing multiple screens, and other activities that can be disruptive to online communication.
3. Community Services may NOT be used to promote views about subliminal messages contained within any other artists' music.
4. Falsely impersonating a Guidetogay.com employee, agent, moderator, host, volunteer, forum user, or any other person with the intent to mislead or cause harm to others is forbidden. A user account that is likely to mislead others will be banned.
5. Guidetogay.com reserves the right to ban a user at any time, without notice, from any or all Community Services for offences relating to disruption of others or for violation of this Code.
1. Guidetogay.com works with venue proprietors, artists, managers, promoters and other community members. These people are to be treated with respect at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome where appropriate (try using the reviews on our city guides if you want your opinion on commercial enterprises to be known) but disruptive or abusive comments will not be tolerated.
2. Promoters are welcome to answer questions about events on the social network, by establishing their own group, participating in discussions or commenting on articles and stories.
No Spam - No Selling
1. Please don't "spam" through the Community Services. To spam includes sending identical and irrelevant submissions to many different forums, posting one word replies, or posting gimmick replies. Usually such postings have nothing to do with the particular topic of the group or are of no real interest to those reading the thread. To spam also includes misrepresenting the source of anything you say or post. Spamming is a serious violation of online etiquette.
2. The site not to be used as advertisements for your events. If you want to let people know about your event then use the What's On section of Guidetogay.com and submit your event there. After all it's free.
Remember that by advertising outside of our advertising system you are unfairly taking away from promoters who have purchased banner advertisements on Guidetogay.com. Our team will remove all unauthorised advertising posts.
3. Guidetogay.com reserves the right to ban a user at any time, without notice, from any or all Community Services for spamming.
4. The Community Services areas may be used to provide supplemental information regarding your own business (provided you do not use spam to provide this information); however, the Community Services areas are not designed to be used as a mechanism for operating your business or providing core information about your business. Any use of the Community Services for commercial purposes is solely at your own risk and Guidetogay.com has no liability for such use. Please look at upgrading and purchasing a listings and reviews page on our City Guide if your keen on promoting your business to our community.
5. Any space provided to you in any Community Service is for your own personal use. You may not sell, license, exchange or barter any space provided to you within any Community Service for any purpose including, without limitation, selling, licensing, exchanging or bartering space for advertisements.
EVENT PROMOTION MUST BE LIMITED TO YOUR WHATS ON LISTING. You may only communicate past this with members of your own group, only fans of your group who have joined up may receive additional communications from you on our site.
If you'd like assistance in promoting/advertising your event, please click here to see advertising options
You Are - after all, Responsible.
1. You are responsible and liable for all your activities while participating on Guidetogay.com (all platforms). Remember, you are responsible for anything you say or post. You are responsible for your Guidetogay.com account. Your account may not to be shared with another person. Please take care to log out of your Guidetogay.com account if you are accessing Guidetogay.com from a computer in a public place. Each user will be held ultimately accountable for all posts made from their account.
2. Guidetogay.com offers our users the ability to create their own social networking areas (e.g. chats, groups, events listings, city guide listings and personal profiles). Guidetogay.com takes no responsibility for the ratings, content, nor any activities resulting from the content or otherwise, in these areas. The creators or hosts of these user-created areas are required to agree to and uphold this Code of Conduct before creating their Community Service.
2a. Its is not permitted to list events, private or commerical that are of a sexual nature, or elude to a sexual nature - this includes private events where it is shown or hinted that sexual activity will take place. This includes "Mens clubs" "social clubs" and other forms that elude to a meeting for sexual gratification, services or participation. Events will be removed at the discretion of our moderators. If it is deemed to be of a sexual nature, then the listing will be removed and if repeated that user may be permanenetly banned.
3. The Community Services areas are not designed as the primary places to store any materials; you are responsible for creating backups of materials you post to any Community Service such as photos, documents and software. Guidetogay.com is not responsible for loss of access to, or deletion or alteration of any materials included in any Community Service.
4. Guidetogay.com reserves the right to remove at any time, without notice, any user-created Community Service (or any particular posting) that violates this Code of Conduct.
5. Some Community Services may post Internet website links in their area. Please be advised that Guidetogay.com is not responsible for the content on the websites associated with the links you may view.
6. Posting offensive content (including but not limited to text, images or links to objectionable content) is expressly prohibited. Offensive content is defined as adult content, gross depictions of disease or injury, or any other content that a reasonable person would find objectionable. Remember that many users visit these forums from their workplace, and that you may be risking a person's job by posting such content.
7. You are responsible for any actions you may take based on advice or information you receive online. Use your own good judgment when evaluating information provided through any Community Service, remember that the information provided could be from people at any age and experience level. The decision to conduct transactions with anyone is your own and you should conduct your own research prior to making any decisions.
More About our Terms and conditions (or code of conduct)
1. It is prohibited to encourage other users to break this Code of Conduct, or break the rules yourself.
2. Guidetogay.com reserves the right to immediately terminate or suspend access to any Community Service for violations of our Code of Conduct, without further correspondence.
3. Guidetogay.com also reserves our right to amend or change the Code of Conduct at any time without notice. You agree to periodically review this document to ensure you are doing your part.
Protect Your Privacy
1. We caution you against giving out personally identifiable information (such as tax file numbers, social security numbers, credit card numbers, names and addresses, driver license numbers) to strangers online, which may be used for illegal or harmful purposes. Guidetogay.com will not be liable for any consequences that may arise from the disclosure by you of any such information.
1. We rely on our members to do the right thing, and if called in to moderate a situation, we will take the stance most appropriate to these terms - or whichever is the chosen path of the owners of Guidetogay.com - with no exception.
2. If you feel that somebody has breached the community guidelines we strongly suggest you use the Report this post function.
3. If you do not want to abide by the rules you are not welcome on this website. We have created this site for the enjoyment of many - we specifically have not established certain online features, to avoid a negative environment for our users.
Member Rewards / Points System
1. All members instantly receive inclusion to the Guidetogay.com Member Rewards program as part of their membership on the site.
2. Points have no cash value.
3. Points may be redeemed for items offered by the publisher or its partners.
4. Negative points can be accumulated for not using the system.
5. If points are purchased to top up your points balance, they will not have any cash value and cannot be refunded.
6. Any points lost should a user terminate their account/profile cannot be reinstated if the user rejoins.
7. Rewards are offered in a first come first serve basis, or as per the individual terms of the redemption offer.
8. For special points promotions, please refer to the individual points terms and conditions before accepting the point offer or promotion.
9. Points accrued by means circumventing the publishers guidelines will be removed, and accounts may be shut down without further notice.
10. The publisher may, at it's discretion, remove this Points system and any and all offers without notice at anytime.
11. The Rewards when available will be listed on GTG (Website) and in general advertising material. All information is accurate at the time of publication, but may change without notice to you.
12. To claim a Reward, you must follow the directions given to you on the website or via our chosen advertising material, at the time of the transaction, (whichever method is appropriate)
13. All Rewards are subject to availability and other terms and conditions imposed by us, the Operator or Reward Suppliers, as communicated on the Website and in general advertising material. Unless otherwise stated, no Reward may be used in conjunction with any other offer. The benefits, and any rights they confer, cannot be sold, transferred, assigned or otherwise dealt with except in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Primarily - enjoy the site, have fun - and feel free to contribute as much or as little as you like - we are after all a conduit for the global GLBTIQ community, and love being able to connect as many people as possible, with whats fun, fab and thats helps bring our community together in a positive and enjoyable way.
Thankyou for your support!